For if you have a nursery management software in place and you'd like to sell unused capacity
Full nursery management software to help run every aspect of your service
To help you find relief staff for extra shifts that need covered
Where applicable, this Data Processing Addendum is hereby incorporated in the Caerus Terms of Service (the “General Terms”), found at www.caerus.scot/legal/terms, unless Customer has entered into a superseding written agreement with Caerus, in which case, it forms a part of such written agreement. All capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the General Terms. Unless Customer has a superseding written agreement with Caerus, Caerus may amend this Data Processing Addendum from time to time on its Website, as its business evolves. Any revisions will become effective on the date Caerus publishes the changes. Customer can review the most current version of the Data Processing Addendum at any time by visiting this page. If Customer uses the Services after the effective date of any changes, that use will constitute the acceptance of the revised Data Processing Addendum.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
The following capitalized terms shall have the meaning ascribed to them below:
(i) “ Data Controller” has the meaning set out in GDPR;
(ii) “ Data Processor” has the meaning set out in GDPR;
(iii) “ Data Protection Regulator” means the applicable supervisory authority with jurisdiction over either party, and in each case any successor body from time to time;
(iv) “ Data Subject” has the meaning set out in GDPR;
(v) “ Privacy Laws” means all applicable data protection and privacy legislation, regulations and guidance governing the protection of Personal Information including but not limited to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “ General Data Protection Regulation” or “ GDPR”); and
(vi) “ Process”, “ Processing” or “ Processed” have the meaning set out in GDPR.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Supersedence. This Data Processing Addendum shall supersede any and all provisions of the General Terms inconsistent herewith.
2. Data Controller and Data Processor. The Parties acknowledge that Caerus is both the Data Controller and the Data Processor of the Customer Personal Information. Caerus will Process Personal Information in accordance with Section 3 of this Data Processing Addendum.
3. Caerus as Data Controller. Caerus warrants that the Customer Personal Information has been obtained fairly and lawfully and, in all respects in compliance with the Privacy Laws.
4. Caerus’s Obligations as Data Processor. Caerus shall:
1. Process the Customer Personal Information only in accordance with Section 3 of this Data Processing Addendum and any other reasonable documented instructions as provided by the Customer to Caerus from time to time (“Instructions”), including with regard to transfers of Customer Personal Information to a third country, save where:
1. such Instructions are unlawful;
2. such Instructions would cause Caerus to breach its own obligations under Privacy Laws or the General Terms or any other agreement with a third party;
3. Caerus is under a legal obligation to Process the Customer Personal Information, in which case Caerus shall inform the Customer of the legal obligation, except to the extent the law prohibits it from doing so; and/or
4. such Instruction delays or prevents performance of the Services.
2. inform the Customer if, in its opinion, an Instruction received from the Customer infringes the Privacy Laws;
3. ensure that all Caerus Users and personnel who are involved in the Processing of Customer Personal Information have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under statutory obligations of confidentiality;
4. not provide any new third party, with access to the Customer Personal Information or sub-contract any of its obligations under the General Terms that involve Processing Customer Personal Information without noticing in advance the Customer and/or publishing the changes in this Data Processing Addendum on the Website. The Customer hereby approves those third parties listed below, or any further third party that is either a Privacy Shield certified entity or that is compliant with GDPR requirements regarding transfers of Customer Personal Information to a third country (the “Subprocessors”):
1. Amazon AWS. Caerus’ internal database and servers are hosted in Amazon AWS data centers within the London Region within the United Kingdom.
2. Send Grid. Caerus' external email provider is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
3. Stripe. Caerus' external payment provider is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
5. ensure that any sub-contract entered into by Caerus (where Customer Personal Information is Processed by a Subprocessor) contains provisions which comply with Privacy Laws and in any event are no less onerous than those imposed under Section 2 of this Data Processing Addendum, and where a Subprocessor fails to fulfil its data protection obligations under GDPR, Caerus shall remain liable to Customer for the performance of that Subprocessor’s obligations;
1. the anonymization, pseudonymization and/or encryption of Customer Personal Information;
2. the ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of Processing systems and services;
3. the ability to restore the availability and access to Customer Personal Information in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident; and
4. a process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the Processing.
7. taking into account the nature of the Processing, assist the Customer (at the Customer’s cost) by appropriate technical and organizational measures, to enable the Customer to comply with its obligations under Privacy Laws in responding to requests from Data Subjects (insofar as this is possible);
8. assist the Customer (at the Customer’s cost), to comply with the following obligations under the GDPR, taking into account the nature of Processing and information available to Caerus, including:
2. the Customer’s obligations to carry out data protection impact assessments and any subsequent consultation with the Data Protection Regulator;
9. make available to Customer or an independent third party auditor mandated by the Customer (but not being a competitor of Caerus), at the Customer’s reasonable cost, to a maximum of once a year or when a breach of Customer Personal Information is reasonably suspected, all reasonable information that Caerus deems necessary to demonstrate compliance with the obligations imposed on Caerus under Section 2 of this Data Processing Addendum, and allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections for the sole purpose of demonstrating such compliance; and
10. unless required by law, at Customer’s request following termination or expiry of the General Terms for whatever reason, at the Customer’s reasonable cost, securely delete all of the Customer Personal Information.